Saturday, 23 August 2014

Afternoon Ambilight project


I recently purchased a couple of RGB addressable strips for play and potential future projects. While I had one handy though I thought I would make up a DIY ambilight system for our TV. Eli was also very interested so we actually turned it into an afternoon project while Hazel was napping. I drilled the holes in the board while Eli threaded them with cable ties, we then put the LED's in the right places.  I overkilled it with an Arduino Mega control board and a 5V 4A power supply also hung from the board. I used Prismatik to drive the ambilight system. It was a fun way to spend the afternoon and the effect is pretty good but these LED's weren't bright/angled correctly enough so it's been taken down again already awaiting a V2, with a proper laser cut and angled frame.