Octolapse Results


I have been using OctoPrint to control my 3D printer over the network, being able to send files directly to it rather than via the cloud is a fantastic use of a raspberry pi. I bought a pi camera to allow me to check in on the printer from another room but it also allows me to take some time lapse footer of the printer in action.
Octopi has some timelapse options that take photos every few seconds but I was quite taken with the fancy timelapses where the print head appears to stay stationary and the print appears by magic. There is a plugin for Octoprint called OctoLapse, this can be set up to take smarter timelapses. On my machine I have set it up to detect the change in layer height, each time that happens it moves the print head to the back left corner and takes a new shot. This movement is enough for the slightly wobbly camera mount to settle and take a good picture.

I'm currently printing face shields for some NHS friends, they only have 20 layers so my 60FPS timelapse is only 1/3 of a second long. The whole thing has been slowed down to actually make it watchable. I'm intending to switch to a sturdier mount soon and probably from a higher angle so hopefully I'll get a good timelapse of that in action.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex