Camera Mount 3


I made use of this camera mount for a few weeks but the arm is a bit spindly and wobbly. The 2020 mounting was good but I have a sturdy frame all the way around my printer and I wanted to bolt it directly to the top. I designed a new camera mount that was stronger, with less wobble that holds directly to the top. I didn't want to bolt through the frame yet so I just clamped it in the appropriate place for the duration. I also need a long ribbon cable to put the raspberry pi in a more sensible location so I had to wait for that to arrive.

The new camera position was too high to get a decent time lapse, you couldn't see the layers build up during the print so I ended up removing the middle section and mounting the camera under the frame instead. This gave a much nicer position and is what I used to film the different egg prints. (stl here)



Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex