This simple burr puzzle is cut from 9mm poplar (mostly because I couldn't find my 10mm perspex. It is made from 12 identical pieces but the parts need cuts in 2 axis. This is achieved by cutting the first side and then flipping the piece within the hole.(svg here)
This picture shows the various steps number from top to bottom, normally I would cut 6 pieces at once and this picture is for illustration only.
- Cut the outline and the cut outs for the first piece.
- Remove the piece, being careful not to bump the outline
- Remove the shrapnel from the hole
- Insert the puzzle piece back into the hole but rotated through 90 degrees.
- Cut the next set of cut outs
- Remove the finished piece from the outline.