I made a mistake while cutting the last set of Carcassonne tiles, I had a magnet too close to the tiles and it didn't cut cleanly. Unfortunately the files for Carcassonne have all the tiles split into two sets and all the tiles smushed together, there is no easy way to recut a single tile. This means it's time to redo the whole set and correct all the other things that have been niggling me. The original files were drawn in 2013 and over the last 4 years I've learned a lot more about inkscape so can do things better.
The new file will use layers to allow me to easily turn parts on and off, and more colours which can be set up as operations in Lasercut.
Several people have asked for tile sets without the grass, these tiles are generally used as guest books at weddings, no grass leaves more areas to write on.
Roads and buildings never quite touched the edges of the tiles. It was close enough not to worry about but I knew it wasn't 'perfect'.
Lasercut takes a long time to convert vector lines into an engrave, to speed up the process I used inkscape to create a bitmap of all the engraved areas.
During laser cutting materials have a tendency to shift with heat and wood warp. The original tiles pushed up against each other and cut along the middle but this leaves little defects as the material shifts. The new tiles will all be cut individually. It will take 20-30 seconds longer but I can live with that on a 2 hour cut.
It's a slow process and I still have other work to do but slow and steady and I'll get there.