Oversized Chess Set


I did say that this Oversized Chess Piece was the start of something bigger and here it is. There are a few tweaks and changes such as the arrow points on the base to show the forward direction and these are about 20% bigger again.

What good is an incomplete chess set I hear you ask? This one has been made specifically for one of the puzzles at Escape Asylum. We recently went to visit and completed Riiitual, escaping with time to spare. We've done a few different escape rooms and I think I liked this one the best, it was definitely challenging, the puzzles fit the theme of the room well. 

The only thing that let it down slightly was a plastic chess set with some manhandled broken pieces. Being a local nerd with a laser cutter I thought it only fitting to offer some decent wooden replacements that can take the punishment. Once I got started there were quite a few things that could be upgraded so I've now made a few new props for them which I will never be allowed to show you.

If you want to see exactly what I've been making you'll have to book yourselves in to Riiitual, just don't forget to take a few of your smartest friends with you. I'm keen to try their other rooms before I'm called upon to make props for them :P

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex