Ventilator Splitter


This time I was requested to make a prusa ventilation splitter for evaluation purposes. I jumped straight out to the 3d printer and used the g code provided by prusa instead of recreating it for my own machine. The prints came out well, air tight and snug enough fittings to provide a good connection, there was a lot of stringing though and it took a little while to clean them up with scalpel and sandpaper. I definitely need to spend a bit of time calibrating this machine to get some good prints from it.

The splitters made their way into the hospital, I believe use of these is possible but the patients have to be carefully lung matched to ensure that they both receive adequate air supply from the one ventilator. I was also told that when we start needing to share ventilators things are looking pretty serious so hopefully they won't need me to print any more of these.

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex