The Mk2 iron man arc reactors have 10 sections of plastic located in a ring around the outside of the arc. currently these were placed into the mold separately, but that was a bit of a faff. I figured they should each be on a sprue and connected to the centre of the arc. The whole item can be lifted out of the laser as one piece and placed into the mold, and I'll cut the sprues off afterwards. So I devised this test pattern to work out how big the sprues should be.
0.25mm sprue is completely gone, which ties in with my 0.2mm laser kerf.
0.50mm is just about thick enough
0.75mm works well on all the different materials and is still quite sturdy so I'll be using that size.
The RDC6442G controller from Ruida This is going to be quite an image heavy post describing the rewiring needed to convert between the Leetro controller and the Ruida controller. It is also pretty straight forward on the old Just Add Sharks laser cutters because all of the wires are clearly labelled. The controller was prepared in the previous step in order to make this conversion process as smooth as possible. The Leetro (Pad03) panel on the left and the Ruida panel on the right The view from inside the laser looking up at the control panel The control panel is an easy place to start, both panels have just a single cable that runs down to the controller, both panels are a very similar size, with the Ruida panel being slightly smaller underneath so it will fit in the hole left behind easily. The Pad03 panel clips into place so you'll need to reach up inside the machine to work the clips loose. The cable runs down the inside of the laser and is cable tied onto mounti
I had a local craft fair this weekend, I wanted to add a few extra/new items to my range so that my stall would be very different from last time. I've seen lots of variations on this wine box so I thought I would make my own version. The living hinges at the top allow the sides to be pulled close and the lid closed, it also a great place to put a handle. The fretwork patterns down the sides make them unique to me as well as the custom labels attached to the side. ( svg here ) I didn't sell very many and I'm not sure any were going to be used as wine bottle boxes, one lady wanted to put plants in it and another was going to put fairy lights in hers. Neither wanted the the custom labels so I'm pleased they were only held on with blue tak. It's definitely given me food for thought with the next craft faire looming.
According to the time stamps I actually made and filmed this puzzle last May so I guess I'm a bit behind the times. It's called the Half Hour puzzle and it's designed by Stewart Coffin. There's a whole bunch of 3D printed puzzles available on the puzzle hub website , I'm currently going through them looking for some inspiration for my next puzzle box. This one was a fun little build and I'm pleased with how well the pieces fit together for a first attempt. ( stl here )