Project #52 Donkey Kong Automata


A somewhat overdue end to my project 52, I've been wanting to make an automata since the middle of project 365. Also you'll have noted the complete lack of progress on Donkey Kong this year so it seemed a fitting end to the project to combine the two things into 1 item. 
The main drive mechanism is provided by the laser cut bike chain, barrels roll round the girder as if thrown by Donkey Kong. A cam and follower make Mario jump up and down in the appropriate places. I got the gear ratio slightly confused and made my second gear twice as big as need be so I duplicated the jump pattern on both halves of the gear. It was a fun little project and I learnt a lot about what not to do on future projects. (file needs fixing)
52 Projects/ 53 Weeks :(






Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex