Ghost Halloween Box


For the second of my new Halloween boxes I chose this cute little ghost shape. Again painted white and again a little bit too tight on the lower corners, but it still came out well and can be fixed on the next cut.

I'm using the same method to make these boxes that I wrote about on instructables, way back in 2016.
https://www.instructables.com/Laser-Cut-Heart-Shaped-Box/. The process describes how you can make pretty much any shape using a mixture of separate flex sections and minimum bend radius curves. The outer skin is held in place while the glue dries using a former that is also cut at the same time as the rest of the box sides. Because the layers all nest inside each other these formers are a rather efficient usage of materials.

I've got a third box design still to make and then I can tidy up the files for release.



 

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex